Become a California Registered Tax Preparer – CRTP.
Approved by CTEC.
CTEC Provider Number 1025 (QE – Distance)
Please Note: At this time we are not providing the California Tax Prepare Course until further notice.
National Tax Training School, the nation’s foremost specialized tax training institute, offers this California Tax Education Council (CTEC) approved qualifying tax course – especially developed for study online led by an assigned experienced instructor – a clear, thorough, fascinating program that teaches you everything you need to know to legally prepare tax returns.
Start and operate your own successful tax practice; or take on a well-paid job preparing tax returns in an accounting or tax preparation firm. The California Tax Preparer Course, written in an accessible style – using non-technical language – guides you through Taxation by way of easy-to-master lesson units. You proceed at your own pace and set your own schedule. Study in the comfort and privacy of your home or office – without being tied to a rigid time frame, and without spending extra time, energy, or money traveling to and from classes.
Even if you have no previous knowledge of tax preparation, the California Tax Preparer Course, which consists of our nationally accredited Federal Tax Preparation Course and the additional required California state instruction, will provide you with the proper training – covering all pertinent phases of the Federal and California State Individual and Small Business income tax so you can become a CTEC California Registered Tax Preparer – CRTP.
Learn more about why you should choose our tax school.
Some of the main topics covered in the California Tax Course:
- Business and Non-business Income and Deductions
- Itemized Deductions and Tax Computation Methods
- Medical Expenses and Charitable Contributions
- Personal Exemptions and Taxpayers’ Filing Status
- Items Included and Excluded in Figuring Gross Income
- Gains or Losses on the Sale or Exchange of Property
- Capital Gains and Losses
- Business and Casualty Losses
- Bad Debts
- Tax Consequences of the Sale of Taxpayers’ Residence
- Self-Employment Tax
- Tax Credits (EIC, Business, Child Credit, Education etc.)
- IRAs and Self Employed Pension Plans
- Depreciation and Depletion
- Payroll Taxes and Income Tax Withholding
- Estimated Tax
- Alternative Minimum Tax
Approved by The California Tax Education Council – CTEC
Tax preparers in the state of California are required to be registered with the state. National Tax Training School is approved by the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) as a provider for the required Qualifying and Continuing Education. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, toll-free by phone at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.org
Learn about our other tax preparation courses:
- Our introductory, comprehensive Tax Preparation Course
- Advanced Taxation Course
- CTEC Continuing Professional Education Course
- Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course